Whereas yesterday was little girl heaven with the carriage ride, today was
little big boy heaven, with lots of pretending to be soldiers and firing of weapons.
The boys even got to participate in the “firing of a cannon.”
1. The Sergeant (the man with the clipboard) gives the order to prepare to fire.
2. Add in your carefully measured scoop of powder and then add in the cannon ball or in this case bomb.
3. Set the range using what looked rather similar to an astrolabe (no picture because of poor angle).
4. Clear the cannon and set the fuse.
6. BOOM! (this shot is of course from the actual trained people firing it)
I’ll write a more concise and what we learned type post on another day. For now I’m going to read a little bit and then go to sleep…….. Maybe even before midnight, what a novel concept.
Raising a Happy Child says
I can see why boys were in heaven 🙂
Looks like they had a great time. My boys did that at Saint Mary's, Maryland when they (well, one of them anyway) were about as young as your boys. They were excited about it, too.
MaryAnne K says
Looks like your boys had a great time!
If you make it out to Massachusetts sometime, you definitely need to visit Old Sturbridge Village – we were there today, and it is amazing!!! Post coming this week 🙂