While our preschool and elementary kids have lots of fun ideas for holidays, our middle school kids, while they won’t admit it, still like the fun of special days. Valentine’s Day for Middle School looks a little different than elementary school. You’re not making cute crafts, and are probably not having Valentine’s Day party at school (though our co-op does have one as part of park day this week). The Middle School Valentine’s Day activities I found have learning built in, but are fun.
With that being said, here’s what I’m printing off for tomorrow.
How I found our Middle School Valentine’s Day activities
First I headed over to Pinterest and looked through all of my pins. There I found….. A lot of elementary and preschool ideas. I did find a couple of ideas, that I’ll link to in the appropriate section. For some reason, there are not as many fun ideas for Middle School Valentine’s Day.
Next, I headed over to Teachers Pay Teachers and looked up Valentine’s Day, and narrowed it down to middle school and clicked on the free button. There I found easily 10 pages worth of ideas, however many of them weren’t activities, but things geared for a public school classroom (I don’t need a Valentine’s Day Hall pass or homework pass).
Math Valentine’s Day for Middle School
There are a lot of amazing math projects in my Valentine’s Day for Middle School search.
- Valentine Inferencing Activity– My kids love this type of logic puzzles
- Find the equation of a line– I’m pretty sure I printed this off last year when we were working on pre-algebra
- Valentine’s Day Brain Teasers– I love this type of logic puzzle where you have to figure out what the number is
- Valentine’s Day codebreaker– I plan to remove the key, and have them figure out the words on their own. (This is one of the ideas that came from my Pinterest board)
- Valentine’s Day Logic Puzzle– As I said, logic puzzles are popular here. They railed against them at first, but now they quite like them.
Language Arts Valentine’s Day for Middle School
I went into this, not sure if I’d find any good Middle School Valentine’s Day activities for Language Arts. At first, I was correct, I found a lot of longer projects, that weren’t good for a single day turn around, then I found some.
All of the Valentine’s Day word projects, I think could easily be turned into a quick writing lesson after you’ve found the words.
- Valentine’s Day Madlibs– this could easily be done with younger kids, but we all love Madlibs (you could also buy an entire Mad Libs set)
- Valentine’s Day word sort– I love word sorts like this, and it can really improve a kid’s writing as they work to hone in the precise word. Rather than very tired, you’re exhausted. I’m curious to see what words they’ve got in this packet.
- Valentine’s Day Writing Prompt– cute and silly picture prompt, that can be a quick one day writing prompt
Do you do any fun Middle School Valentine’s Day Activities with your kids?
Right now Princess and I are super sick (hence why this is getting up so last minute), so I’m hoping we’ll be feeling better for a fun Valentine’s Day tomorrow.