That might even be an understatement. If I had my way I’d probably eat it at least twice a week. If not more. I could live on the stuff.
I’ve had a couple of people I know in real life ask what my recipe is, and that’s where I stand there and blink at them. What is this recipe of which you speak? I’ve heard of these things, and I remember asking my Mom the same thing when she taught me. And she did the same thing. Blink, blink.
Ingredients: 4 giant cans of tomato sauce, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, hamburger meat, small can of tomato paste
1. Brown the hamburger meat. Then add in the garlic (I use pre-minced garlic, so it’s about 1 tablespoon, I’d guess it to be equal to 3 cloves).
2. Open the cans and pour the sauce over it.
3. Add in 1 Tablespoon of oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons of basil, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary, and 3 bay leaves. Then stir.
4. Let it simmer for a while and taste it, if it tastes a little off try adding more oregano.
5. After it has simmered for about 10-15 minutes add in 1 can of tomato paste and stir well. This will help thicken it up.
Enjoy your yummy plate of spaghetti. Now I have an actual recipe for it. That is more or less how I make it. Kinda.
I love spaghetti too!
I cheat and just use the “italian seasoning” spice mix.
An Almost Unschooling Mom says
It took me years to get my mother's spaghetti “recipe” down. I never thought about writing it out. What a concept!
Raising a Happy Child says
Sounds yummy! Lars makes a very good spaghetti sauce where he adds peppers, pickles and who knows what.
I cheat and buy canned sauce. Selena loves spaghetti, it is her favorite.
When I was younger I could have spaghetti every day, now maybe every other. 🙂 Your recipe sounds yummy!!
I love spaghetti, too! When I make homemade sauce, it's a little different each time, depending on what I have on hand, so I started writing down the “recipe” each time and posting it: Spaghetti Sauce Recipes.
I have to ask about your “giant cans” of tomato sauce: Are those the really giant #10 cans (about 4 pounds), or are they the largest size sold in most supermarkets (about 30 ounces)? Big difference!
very big difference. Yes, it is the 30 ounce cans that can be found at grocery stores. I meant to specify that.
The girl who painted trees says
It sounds just like my mom's “recipe”. We love her sauce!
Our Side of the Mountain says
We LOVE spaghetti too! And it's one of those meals that you can double and have another night! Although my kids and I like meat sauce, DH like MEATBALLS. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
What a great recipe to have from your mom. Pasta is one of our favorites too.
Little Wonders' Days