Through our many years of homeschooling, I’ve had the privilege of using many different curriculum, some because I thought it would be the perfect match for our family, some because I was getting to try it out to share with ya’ll. I don’t know about you, but I find it immensely helpful to see how other homeschool moms like a particular curriculum, or materials, and often use it to make my curriculum buying decisions.
Our yearly homeschool curriculum picks
Each year I write a post sharing what I think we’ll be using for the year, now almost each year, part of the way through I change something.
- Kindergarten homeschool picks
- First-grade homeschool picks
- Second-grade homeschool picks
- Third-grade homeschool picks
- Fourth-grade homeschool picks, apparently, I never wrote about this
- Fifth-grade homeschool picks
- Sixth-grade homeschool picks
- Seventh-grade homeschool picks
- Eight-grade homeschool picks
- Ninth-grade homeschool picks
General homeschool curriculum awesomeness
This is my catch-all for those things that aren’t a particular subject area but are still homeschool related.
- Homeschooling What to Do When You Want to Quit
- Dream Pad pillow (this has helped both my ADHD daughter and myself with sleep and concentration ability)
- Typekids Online Typing Course
- Bridgeway Homeschooling Academy
- Ultimate Guide to Brain Breaks
- Enchanted Homeschool Mom member site
Bible homeschool curriculum reviews
We’ve used lots of different Bible resources, and it’s one of my favorite resources to teach, so I like to try all sorts of stuff.
Fine Arts homeschool curriculum reviews
Fine Arts is an area I struggle with, while I enjoy both of them, I am not naturally gifted at teaching the subject. So, I am quite happily using great music and art curriculum others have created.
Foreign Language homeschool curriculum reviews
I have no natural ear for foreign languages, I was quite happy to take sign language in college and not have to mangle accents, so I’m always looking for more ways to learn a new language.
History and Geography homeschool curriculum reviews
I hate the term social studies, I don’t know why, so I’m calling this history and geography, even if it’s bulkier. There are a plethora of great homeschool history curriculum, and there are a few really good homeschool geography curriculum, of which I’ve only tried one or two.
History curriculum reviews
- Middle Ages Unit Study
- Duct Tape Warfare
- History Rocks Curriculum
- Heritage History review
- All American History jr.
- What do I need to teach Mystery of History
- Ancient Greece Resource
- History File Folder Games
- Dave Raymond’s Modernity
Math homeschool curriculum reviews
In school, I hated math until I had a gifted math teacher in junior high, at which I discovered how much fun math can be.
- Life of Fred Math
- Pirates of Financial Freedom
- Amoeba Math
- Math Gym
- Math U See
- Knowre math
- Mr. D. Life Skills
- Mr. D SAT test prep
Reading and Writing homeschool curriculum reviews
It’s taken me several tries to find reading and writing homeschool curriculum I liked, a lot of tries, I found stuff great for others, but not me. But, each new curriculum was a new learning experience.
Reading and Spelling curriculum
- Scheduling All About Reading
- All About Spelling
- Sing, Spell, Read, Write
- Lexia Reading
- Adventures in Reading Zig Zag Zebra
- Books Made into Movies (technically not a curriculum, but it’s what I’m using with my older kids)
- Seven Sisters Curriculum
Grammar and Writing curriculum
- English from the Roots Up
- Masterbrooks Bible and English Grammar
- WITS tiles
- Applied Grammar
- Classical Copywork
- The Write Start
- Cover Story
Science homeschool curriculum reviews
In order of favorite homeschool subjects to teach science is my third (after Bible and history), and I love to try out new homeschool science curriculum.
- Air is Not Oxygen: Essential Science you should have learned but probably didn’t
- How to memorize the periodic table of elements
- Dover Science Curriculum
- Nature Study for Preschool
- Apologia Junior Notebooking Journal
- Apologia lapbooks
- Real Science 4 Kids
- Online Homeschool Science
- Weekend Science Labs for High School