Extra Cheese, Please! goes through step by step how the milk goes from being milk to cheese, and even includes some fun scientific facts (which is going to be a science experiment soon enough).
My recipe for making homemade pizza dough
- Mix your dough together, beat or knead it until it is smooth, adding flour as needed. If you have a bread hook, let it mix for about 10 minutes. If you’re kneading it by hand, you’ll knead it for about 15 minutes.
- Let it rise for two hours covered, I like to use cling wrap.
- Divide your dough into small balls, the last time we made this I divided the dough into 10 roughly the same size balls, and had more than enough dough to make individual pizzas for 10 people and still have some leftover.
- Roll out your dough, I have yet to figure out how to get a nice round shape, but it’s a work in progress.
- Add your sauce, mozzarella, and your toppings.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes at 425.