We have small group for our church every Wednesday night at 6:30, but the boys have Kung Fu until 5:15, and that means we have 20 minutes to eat between those two activities. As a result we’ve started making lots of crock pot recipes on Wednesday. One of my favorites is this Crock pot Chinese Pork Ribs recipe, they’re super duper yummy. This Crock pot Chinese Pork Ribs recipe is about 10 minutes of work time, and then you come home from watching your boys punch the air and eat a delicious meal with rice.
Crock potChinese Pork Ribs Recipe ingredients
3-4 pounds of country pork ribs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade (it’s hard to find, but so worth it)
2-3 cloves of garlic (I buy minced garlic and use a large spoonful of it)
3 Tablespoons ketchup
(I will confess my recipe card gives those liquid measurements, but I usually double all of them)
Crock pot Chinese Pork Ribs Recipe instructions
- Mix together all of the liquid ingredients
Spray your slow-cooker with Pam (don’t have to, but useful)Even better NEW plan, use a slow cooke liner* (I just ordered this, and this makes clean up SO easy, just throw away the liner, wash the lid, rinse out slow cooker just in case).
- Layer your ribs in the slow cooker, and pour part of the sauce over it
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the ribs, and mix it up a bit just to make sure your ribs are all covered in sauce.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook rice in your handy dandy rice cooker.
Extra recipe to go with the yumminess of crock pot Chinese pork ribs
Princess doesn’t like rice, it’s something that makes me question her relation to me, because I love rice, but what can you do?
But, she will TOLERATE, and let’s be clear, she certainly makes it clear, she tolerates and will eat without complaining fried rice. And I also like fried rice, so I make up some fried rice to go with the steamed rice.
2 cups or so steamed rice, minced onion, soy sauce, butter, salt and pepper to taste, sesame oil (optional, but it tastes so much better)
- Melt your butter or heat the sesame oil.
- Mix the butter in with the rice and minced onion. Let that fry for a minute or so.
- Add in soy sauce until it has an appropriate level of brownness. Yes I am that exact.
- Now mix it all up as it cooks some more, sprinkle on some pepper and salt, you know some amount that looks right.
- Let it fry up a bit more, maybe add a bit more soy sauce, and you’re done. That’s it.
I’ve got tons more crock pot recipes saved on my pinterest board (with all the work my poor slow cooker gets, I need lots of recipes to try out)