Hi! Future Ticia 2023 here, I’m updating this crockpot chicken parmesan recipe post with the new logo and generally updating it, like adding a recipe card, but just wanted to let you know this is one of my tried and true recipes, and a common go to when I have a small-ish crowd.
Isn’t that a great word? Discombobulated? But, back to the topic.*
I came up with a great idea. I created my online cookbook on Pinterest. I realized the other week I do most of my recipe planning as I sit at the kitchen table and scroll through Pinterest for recipe ideas. But my recipes for busy Moms board is filled with ideas I want to try and some ideas I’ve tried, but I don’t want to scroll through 300 recipes (and oh so many desserts) every week.
I’ve started pinning my favorite recipes to it, but many of them I don’t have a pin for because they’re handwritten notecards, so I’m rectifying that. First up: Crockpot chicken parmesan.
*Originally this post was titled Crockpot Chicken Parmesan and the week I feel discombobulated
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan ingredients
1 envelope French onion soup (I found a French onion soup homemade mix, so 1/4 cup of that), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup (apparently I don’t have a recipe for that, so let me find the one I use… oh that’s no longer there, new cream of mushroom soup recipe), 1.5 cups of milk, 1 cup dry white wine (or apple cider), 1 cup rice, 6 chicken breasts, 2 tablespoons butter, 2/3 cup grated parmesan
My substitutions this time because I was out: apple cider for the wine (I almost always do this, I rarely remember to buy the wine), ranch mix (homemade ranch mix from here), oh and I doubled the entire sauce mixture for extra “rice stuffing”
For those who don’t use canned ingredients (which I’m slowly moving away from, and oh my is it delicious): I substituted homemade cream of mushroom soup (we make this about every 2 months).
- Mix together French onion soup, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, wine, and rice. Future Ticia 2023 wants to add, I have discovered you really need to mix this first not in the slow cooker because every time I think I’ll do it in the slow cooker, ends up in not as satisfying results.
- Put the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and pour the soup/rice mixture over it.
- Cut up the butter into small pieces and put on top of this mess. Then sprinkle a very generous handful of cheese on top.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 8 hours.
- Eat this delicious Chicken Parmesan and say “yum, yum, yum.”
Expect a few more recipes from me from time to time as I slowly go, “Hey, I need a recipe for this to pin.”
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope of French onion soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup rice
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Spray the inside of the slow-cooker with Pam cooking spray or put your slow cooker liner in. Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, French onion soup mix, milk, wine, and rice in a bowl, set aside.
Funny Story about this Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
I first had this way back when Jeff and I were dating. Our singles small group decided to do a potluck dinner, and as we gathered together, we discovered all of the men had made something from scratch. Jeff had made lasagna, our friend Jeremy made this crockpot chicken Parmesan, and the other guy had made something that I don’t remember what it was.
Whereas all of the women who came brought ready-made stuff. It was so completely opposite of the assumed events that we all were quite amused by the end result.