Moses is a central figure to the Old Testament, and to the Bible in general. This 8 week Moses unit starts with Moses as a baby and goes all the way to Moses passing on leadership of the Israelites, which takes us briefly through Numbers and Deuteronomy.
Moses Unit lessons
Learn how God protected Moses as a baby, and guided his early life.
God called Moses to follow Him and to lead the Israelites .
God uses Moses to work on Pharaoh’s heart and free the Israelites
Pharaoh finally agrees to let the Israelites go because of great tragedy.
How quickly the Israelites forget what God has taught them. They constantly complain and forget what God has done.
Moses brought the 10 Commandments down to the Israelites. How do the 10 Commandments apply to us, and how can we teach them to our kids?
How does the tabernacle point to Jesus?
As one of Moses’ final acts as leader he sends the 12 spies into Canaan. Yet again the Israelites forget what God has done and has promised to do. They react in fear.
Moses Unit Resources
- Buck Denver Asks: What’s in the Bible? Volume Two – Let My People Go
- VeggieTales – Moe & The Big Exit
- God’s Special Tent: The Story of the Tabernacle and What Came After (Activity)
- Moses Flannelboard Figures
- Bible Road Trip Year One
- The Prince of Egypt (I adore this movie)
- The Ten Commandments (the classic Charleton Heston movie)
- The Ten Commandments (the animated movie, similar to Prince of Egypt)
For more activities and ideas check out my Exodus/Moses pinterest board.