So, I am a stay at home, homeschooling, Christian, blogging Mom with 3 kids. So, here are some things you need to know because there are new FTC guidelines for bloggers, and I want to make sure I am obeying the law.
I am not blogging to suport myself, if I was I’d be a lot more serious about it, but I do want to use my blog to support my book habit and for the charities I support.
Many if not most of my posts will contain affiliate links. Occasionally I do sponsored posts, that means the post was paid for, but the content and opinions are my own. When I put in affiliate links I am linking to products I have used and recommend (90% of the time, occasionally I can’t find the same item and I link to similar).
When I do so, here are my goals and aims:
- To let you know what has worked for us and how to get it.
- To share deals I have found or sales of items we use and you might want.
- If I bought it elsewhere I will say so, and tell you this is the same type of product. I like to buy things in stores because I like to touch things, I recognize I am weird that way, and most people like to shop online.
- I will write at the top of the post if I was compensated in any other way than an affiliate link (free product or sponsored post).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What I will not do:
- Endorse something I won’t stand behind.
- Tell you how to think or what to buy, these are my opinions, and if you don’t agree with me that’s okay, just disagree politely.
- Allow someone to be rude or disrespectful. I can and will delete or not publish comments that are not appropriate. Remember what your Mom taught you, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”
And finally, I am not a lawyer, so I am sure there is something here that is not correct. I am writing this to my best ability to be in compliance with the law, while staying true to my voice (it is quite possible to get a pre-generated legal form, that sounds all legalese, but that’s SOOO not me).
[…] Disclosure and other blogging information […]