This year we are trying something a little different for Advent season. Last year, we went through the Promises study, and I really liked it, but the boys love Legos, and my friend Tauna has TWO Lego Advent studies* (on sale until Monday). But Princess likes crafts, so I’m making her an Advent craft kit, and for that I needed 25 Christ-centered Christmas crafts. She was quite insistent, “It has to be 25 Mommy, I need 25 Christmas crafts.”
For my boys: Bible Lego Advent
Before I get into Princess’ Bible Christmas Craft Kit, I want to talk about the Lego Advent sets we are going to do. There are two of them, which works perfectly because I have two boys. One of the boys will be doing the Lego Jesse Tree build, and the other will be doing the Lego Nativity challenge. Since that one only has 12 or so days I’m going to add in a few extra ideas like sheep and such stuff to have the full 25 (to my mind, it’s perfect for how often I usually remember to do these things, which is half of the 25 days, but hope springs eternal). No pictures yet because I haven’t started putting it together yet.
Princess’ 25 Christ Centered Christmas crafts
I’m building off of the Lego Nativity Challenge* and expanding from there with a few ideas like this. I’ll be basing her crafts off of these 25 Sunday School Christmas Crafts I found (and quite probably made in the past at some point). The materials will all be in a cool new Advent set. I had family town this past week, so I haven’t made it by Hobby Lobby to get all of the materials for each of the kits. Once I’ve done that I’m going to update the post with pictures of supplies in each drawer.
Once you’ve completed all 25 Christ-centered Christmas crafts, you should have a complete Nativity set, and several fun ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree.
- Gabriel (also probably a peg doll because Princess has fallen in love with this Nativity set, and wants to make all of it)
- Mary- decorating a peg doll
- Joseph- decorating a peg doll
- Zechariah and Elizabeth- John danced in Elizabeth’s womb, so we will have a dance party (if you want an actual craft, try this Mary and Elizabeth one)
- Stable w/animals
- Manger w/hay– just using the manger craft from this
- Baby Jesus in manger
- Bethlehem painting project
- Shepherd’s staff and shepherd
- Directional signs for shepherd
- Angel– inspired by this
- Herod peg doll- because I always wanted a bad guy when I acted it out
- Star shape
- wise man 1– she will love making the wise man ornament
- wise man 2– to let her make some wise men for her peg doll nativity set
- wise man 3– I’m taking inspiration from each of these, and letting Princess make a wise man each day
- Three gifts- we are going to make 3 small gifts to wrap that will fit in her doll house
- Gingerbread Nativity
- I’m still deciding between a sun catcher silhouette, or another ornament…… So many hard choices.
For the peg doll crafts I am sketching in faces and clothes to paint in. I’d like to try wood-burning, but don’t know if Princess is quite ready for it.
Not inspired by my Bible Christmas craft picks?
I have over 300 more ideas on my Advent board. They range from sensory bins for your toddlers all the way up to complex crafts geared towards parents.